Frequently Asked Questions:
Answer: Yes, but only if you are doing all your own catering. If we do your catering, we require that we cut your cake and serve it. We cut it, plate it, and clean up the tables for a minimal service charge.
- Question: “What is the seating capacity of the Alpine Art Center?”
Answer: We can seat 300 theater style, 180 for a sit down dinner, 360 -400 for a dance, and 600-700 for a reception (come and go).
- Question: “What do I need to do to reserve the Alpine Art Center?”
Answer: You need to determine which day it is you want to reserve, either Daytime hours 10:00 am to 3:00 pm or Evening hours 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and putting down a deposit, which is 1/2 the rental cost.
- Question: “When do I need to pay for everything?”
Answer: The deposit it due when you book your event. The final balance will be due two and a half weeks before your event date. This is when all additional rental items, ceremony fees, catering, etc. is due.
- Question: “Can I bring in my own catering?”
Answer: Yes you can. However, we have a great menu and catering staff that can do most everything you desire so we ask that you please give us the opportunity of serving you first.
- Question: “May we throw rice after the ceremony and reception?”
Answer: We ask that you please do not. We know that this is a tradition in many areas but because of the danger to birds and the extra cleanup we ask that you do not. This includes: birdseed, confetti, or fireworks [sparklers]. Bubbles are allowed.
- Question: “Do you allow alcohol at the Alpine Art Center?”
Answer: Yes, but with a few restrictions. You must have a licensed bartender. The Alpine Art Center must have a copy of their license prior to any alcohol being consumed. The Alpine Art Center staff will not clean-up/bus any alcoholic beverages. Please, make sure you read and understand our Alcohol Policy.
- Question: “Can we have open flame candles at the Alpine Art Center?”
Answer: Yes, you can! The candles must be in some kind of a container so the wax does not drip on the linens. If wax drips on the linens, the renting party will be charged an additional fee.
- Question: “Can we rent the Alpine Art Center for an event other than a Wedding or Reception?”
Answer: Absolutely! We have held all kinds of events including school dances, piano recitals, corporate meetings, holiday parties, art shows, and concerts.
- Question: ” Do you have a list of preferred vendors that you will give me?”
Answer: Yes. Just go to our Vendor Page then look up the category.
- Question: “How can I find out if my date is available?”
Answer: Call us at 801-763-7173 to find out date availability.
- Question: “Can I have my ceremony at the Alpine Art Center if I don’t rent it for either the Day or Evening rental charge?”
Answer: Yes, but only if you book the Art Center no more than within 30 days of your event. If you want to reserve it more than 30 days in advance you will be required to pay the Day or Evening rental charge plus the cost of the Ceremony.
- Question: “Are there any refunds of our deposit for a cancellation or a transfer to another date?”
Answer: Yes, but please read the rental agreement at time of booking. There may be penalty charges for cancellations and transfers.